Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hello there. I am KayCee Brugger, and I am your new theatre teacher. I hope you are as excited as I am to get started this year. Things are going to start off quickly, so I want to give everyone as much of a heads up as possible. There are a couple things, audition-wise, that will be happening right off the bat.

First of all, I would love to participate in the Shakespeare competition this year, even if only a few of us end up going. In order to prepare, we need to have the auditions for Shakespeare right away, so I've scheduled them for Monday the 30th of August. In order to audition, you must prepare a Shakespearean monologue. Simple.

Then, there is the matter of the musical. The auditions for the musical will be held on Monday the 13th of September. For this you will need to prepare 30 bars of any song you feel shows off your musical prowess. (By the way, unless something goes amiss, the musical will be My Fair Lady!)

One more thing. I would like to set up Drama Club Officers. I'm not sure if there's any sort of setup that's carried over from the other schools, but if any of you are interested in being involved in that capacity, please let me know.

Again, I am excited to be teaching theatre this year, and I look forward to meeting all of you. See you in a few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have to be in a certain grade to be in the musical? Do you have a preference as to what type of music that we use in our audition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering, are we going to be having the MDT class at all??

    ReplyDelete